First let’s define the term flashpacker for the meaning we’ll be using today
Definition: Flashpacker. The independent traveler who is visiting destinations once more commonly reserved for the more adventurous budget traveler; traveling with more affluence and enjoying the conveniences of their lifestyle usually reserved for being at home by bringing their gear including a laptop, camera, ipod etc.
Furthermore, lets include cool travel accessories and innovations that support the comfortable flashpacking way of travel. So some cool travel accessories and travel gift ideas you may not have though of that makes travel more comfortable and luxurious:
1. A portable vacuum sealer or compression bags for your clothes. How cool is it to make your clothes really small?! No one wants to carry a big backpack, just make the clothes really small (and don’t add more cause you have more space!!) Amazon is a good place to look if you search for “compression bags”.
2. Polarized Sunglasses. These sunglasses allow you to see beneath the water’s surface and see fish and aquatic life. Plus they can be worn as sunglasses during the day even when not around water. If renting and driving a vehicle they help reduce glare. Good to have!
3. A water bottle with a filter, so you can still have purified water from the tap without having to buy bottled water everywhere. This is a cool travel accessory that will save you money. Don’t confuse these with the camping water bottles you add iodine to for untreated water, the chemicals often change the taste and it won’t be like filtered water.
4. A Waterproof Laptop Case. Who knows what could happen, your bag could fall in the Ocean or the canals of Venice. You’ll be the most prepared traveler out there with a waterproof laptop case. Other travel accessories that come in handy would be a waterproof camera case and waterproof passport case.
5. A lightweight laptop with appropriate charger and converter. The best laptop to bring while traveling is one which is light but large enough for ease of use. The Zenbooks are good for this but there are many other options. Do your research and find one that suits you.
Save time, space and weight by when you check out ergonomic travel gear and that are also great travel gift ideas for recent grads and travel enthusiasts.