Roadtrip Vancouver To Oregon Coast
Here’s some great places to visit and ideas for a roadtrip from Vancouver to the Oregon Coast.
1. Plan to leave Vancouver to cross into the States at a time when the border waits aren’t too long. So if you’re doing a trip for the long weekend… perhaps take the day off and leave in the morning before the after work rush. Going from Vancouver to the Oregon Coast is a popular road-trip destination.
2. Take the I-5 straight through Seattle, it’s the quickest route from Vancouver to the Oregon Coast. Then depending upon where you’re going, turn West and you’ll get to the scenic highway 101 that you can take along the Ocean.
3. Make a stop at Mt. St. Helen’s in Washington on the way. Even if you’re not into Volcanoes the snow is something else.
4. If you get onto highway 101 in Washington, you can cross the water from Washington into Oregon and see the town of Astoria, Oregon. This bridge crossing the water is a must to experience.
5. Make a visit to Seaside, Oregon. It is an amazing long beach with powder soft sand.
6. Camp in Ft. Steven’s State Park. This is the largest camping ground along the Oregon Coast for a reason. Very nice and with the option to stay in a Yurt it is not to be missed. The owls can be heard at night hooting back and forth for a true nature experience. There is even an sunken ship that’s washed ashore nearby.